Good Shepherd is a group of people joining God as a community on mission for His glory and our joy. Established in Florence in 2016, our vision is to welcome others with sincerity and creativity as a multi-generational congregation worshipping according to Scripture in a contemporary style, gathering as one body on Sundays and in small groups throughout Florence during the week, and introducing more people to the life-giving community of the local church.
- Preaching all of the Bible (with a Christ-centered approach and working through whole books of Scripture from start to finish) gives us the full picture of God’s message for us.
- Authentic worship together each week allows us to share in the ordinary means of God’s grace as the kind of community Jesus established.
- Prayer is vital to the life of the church and each believer, so we must seek God continually according to his commands.
- Sharing the gospel should be done in a way that meets people where they are with the love and grace of God in Christ.
- Giving of our lives and resources is necessary for the growth of the kingdom of God.
- Discipleship is required for us to conform more and more to the obedient life that glorifies God.
- Community is believers encouraging one another so that we may be more like Christ.
- Serving enables us to use our gifts to strengthen our church and bless those around us.
As a member of the Presbyterian Church in America, Good Shepherd holds the key values of the PCA
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.
- Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, are born again, become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by faith, and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God, and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- Baptism is a sign of God’s covenant and is properly administered to children of believers in their infancy, as well as to those who come as adults to trust in Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.